Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Reassessment

Today's Weigh-In: 213.8 lbs.
5-Day Average: 214.4 lbs.

My weight seems to be stuck around 213-215 right now, which sucks, cuz I've only lost .4 pounds in the last week. My diet over the weekend could definitely have been better, and I was somewhat sick for the past few days so no workouts. But I'm back at it today, eating Zone and exercising. I got in a workout this morning, and I'm also going to do the CrossFit Total tonight (1-rep maxes of back squat, dead lift, and shoulder press) to compare with my little brother's score. Since this morning's workout was just squat cleans I think I should be alright. My goal of 210 by the end of the month is looking dim, as I would need to lose .55 pounds a day for the next week. Oh well, I'm not going to stress about it.

I seem to lose weight in spurts. I will drop 4-5 pounds in a short amount of time, then I'll be stuck at a weight for a week or two. I don't know if it's just my body, or if I'm slacking on my diet/exercise. I'm pretty sure it's not the exercise, since I've been pretty consistent on that. My diet really is quite good most of the time, but sometimes I start to get hungry for more food than I'm allotted, and my willpower gives. I don't eat bad foods usually, but I think I might just be eating too much sometimes. I need to bring back my slow-down technique for eating (when you eat, slow the F down, and allow your stomach to tell you when it's full). That worked well for me when I first began this process, and I think I need it again.

I really don't want to adjust my ultimate goals, and if I can get to 210 by early March I will only need to lose a little over 6 pounds a month through June to reach my goal of 185. That's a lot of weight in a little time for me, so I'm not completely sure I can do it, but I'm definitely going to try. Summer calls to me. I've moved my goal of 210 to March 7th so I still have a definitive date to shoot for. I think I can make it.

2 comments:

billy said...

I think it's very common to lose weight in spurts, thats how it works for me. That's why taking the average helps...

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, what Billy said. Also, don't change or adjust your goals until you hit them. It's not the "WHEN" that is important - it's the "IF". Just keep working hard.