Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Re-evaluating

Today's Weigh-In: 209.0 lbs. (new low)
5-day Average: 211.56 lbs.

I seem to be hitting new lows like crazy these days, and it feels great. I don't know exactly what I'm doing right (that I wasn't doing before) but I'm happy with the progress being made. If I can maintain a 209 weigh-in for the next two days I will reach my goal of 210 average by the end of the month.

I'm closing in on 20 pounds lost so far (1.56 pounds more to go from my average) so that feels like a good milestone. That puts me at about 40% of the way to my goal of 185 pounds, so I have about 25 pounds more to go. I've been at this since the beginning of October (working out and losing weight that is, I started the blog in November) so it's taken me about 5 months, which puts me at an average of 4 pounds a month. That's pretty crappy, but when I look at the numbers I didn't actually start losing any weight until mid-November, so a more realistic average would be about 5.6 pounds per month. If I can maintain that (admittedly conservative) pace it should take me a 4.5 more months to get to my goal, which would be mid-July. So it doesn't look like I'll be at my goal by Memorial day, but I should be pretty close (195 pounds by my estimates). When I hit 190 I'm going to re-evaluate my goal weight again (based on body fat percentage) to see whether I need to adjust it lower or if 185 will be enough to be at 10%.

This is a long journey, but I'm determined to make it, come hell or high water.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

So glad to read this. Keep working your ass off - clearly, it's working!

Ripx180 said...

Man you are the king of new lows these days. Glad to see it. I am trying to follow suit. Just keep rolling with the weight loss as long as you can, it will tapper back off into a plateau it always does (for most people). Your success is motivating so keep it up man!

Jim McCoy said...

Keep it rolling! New lows are always a great feeling and the more of them you can string together, the better off you are.

Jason said...

Wow, I am new to this so I'm slowly catching up to your progress. It sounds like you and I started out pretty much the same. For a while there I couldn't lose a half a pound to save my life, however as of recently the weight seems to be falling off. So that's good, but I know pretty soon it will slow down again. I've added you to my list of blogs, I'll try to comment as often as I can. Stay strong man.