Thursday, February 7, 2008

In the Zone

Today's Weigh-In: 216.8 lbs.
5-Day Average: 216.92 lbs.

Well, I figured my weigh-in would go up, but it's still under 217 so I'm fine with it. My average is still dropping as well, although not quite as quickly as I would like. Oh well, as long as it keeps trending downward I shall be happy.

I'm trying out the Zone diet based on the suggestion of the CrossFit community (and others, such as Jay). I need to stock up on vegetables and fruits though, since it suggest craptons of them (it uses them as the main source of carbs, instead of grains/potatoes). For now I have to use "unfavorable" carbs for some of my meals until I can get to the store. I don't eat white bread or white rice, so the ones I do have are not the worst (whole grain breads, brown rice, etc.) so I'm not overly concerned. I did the calculations and it is suggested that I eat 16 blocks of protein, carbs, and fats. I'm having a bit of trouble with the fat blocks, since I tend to eat a larger amount of fats than are recommended, but I'll tweak it to perfection as I go along.

That's it for me today, hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

The weight seems to be slow and steady - the best possible situation. That Zone diet I've heard some good stuff about. Hope to see more of these successes from you!

Geoff said...

Yeah I'm not dropping the pounds at speeds that other are, but then again I have less to lose than a lot of you guys do (or did). That's one of the reasons I'm adding the Zone into the equation, it has a really good scientific basis, and it should help my body optimize fat burning, while still providing ample energy for exercising. We'll see :)