Monday, January 28, 2008

Still kickin'

Today's Weigh-In: 218.0 lbs.
5-Day Average: 218.13 lbs.

Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days, I've been really busy lately. I'm still at 218. I'm not surprised, though. My weekend eating was not great. Friday night I went out with some of my buddies and had some beers, and then had some Del Taco afterwards. It was only a veggie burrito, but I didn't need it. Saturday was better, and I ate much less than I normally do. Sunday I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, then my girlfriend and I went to a Mexican place that I like a lot and I got some taquitos with guacamole, beans, and rice. It was greasy, but tasty. I didn't really eat anything after that though, so although the food choices were not the healthiest, the amount of calories was still within bounds.

I didn't end up going snowboarding because the road conditions were terrible, and I don't have chains for my truck (I live in southern California, near the beach, so that's not an investment I've ever needed to make). And I missed a few workouts last week, so that sucks.

This week will be better. Last night I made a big batch of brown rice and grilled up a whole bunch of chicken, so I have lunches for most of the week already in the bag. I did my workout today, and it was great (and effing hard). My right shoulder is starting to bother me a lot, which sucks, but it only bothers me while I'm working out, and not really afterwards. I'm going to ice it tonight and hope it gets stronger as I progress in my workouts. I've got 3 days to reach my goal of 215, so it doesn't look like I'll hit it. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try like heck anyway :-)

No comments: