Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm going to be so sore

Today's Weigh-In: 221.4 lbs. (ugh)
5-day Average: 219.1 lbs.

Ugh, my weight today is horrible, and my average went up. I haven't been eating bad food, but I've been eating too much. I was so hungry yesterday, which is weird because I don't usually have hunger problems. I'm watching it today, and hopefully today's weigh in is just a fluke.

Well, I've gotten up at 7:30 the past two days and got into my CrossFit gym. Today was brutal for me. It's a workout called Cindy, and it calls for as many sets in 20 minutes of:
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 air squats

I had to substitute 2 jumping pullups for each pullup, so I did 10 jumping pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats for a set. I think I got 8 rounds in 20 minutes (which is pretty sad, compared to a lot of other people). When I was done, and laying on the ground, I actually noticed steam coming off my skin due to how hot I was compared to the cool morning air. That was awesome. I can barely walk now and I am dreading the soreness I'm going to feel tomorrow, but I feel great. It's 100 times better to wake up, do my workout, and go to work. I feel better all day, work goes by quicker, I'm more sociable and friendly, it's just awesome.

Tomorrow I hope to post a sub-220 weigh in. Wish me luck :)

3 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Cindi sounds brutal :). I would imagine after a while she will become your friend as you challenge her to get more sets. Your body may just be holding onto some water to repair your muscles you just demolished also. I bet you get some pretty sweet results if you keep this up. Nice work man!

Anonymous said...

The idea of substituting is a good one. Typically when I can't complete all reps. I just move on to the next exercise. Your idea sounds better.

That sore feeling is great!

Geoff said...

Thanks guys. Vince, usually that's what I would do as well, but now I'm working in a group environment with people who push me, so I don't have a choice :)

I like it better that way.