Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Right on target

Today's Weigh-In: 219.8 lbs.
5-Day Average: 219.6 lbs.

I'm about to lose a 218.0 lb weigh in from my average, so unless I can get 218 or below tomorrow my average will continue to go up. Oh well. My eating was great yesterday and will be great today as well. I fully expect to be 215 by the end of the month. I know that when I get my diet dialed in, along with the exercise, the weight comes off quick. It's just hard to maintain that level of commitment for an extended period of time. I'm still trying to figure out what permanent changes I can make to make it easier for me to stick to a perfect diet 99% of the time, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

February I'm going to do an alcohol free month. When I did it last month I lost weight faster than I ever have, so I know it's affecting me negatively. I've cut back on the amount I drink by a vast amount since I started this whole thing, but I do tend to have a beer with dinner, and a few beers on Saturday nights with my girlfriend and buddies.

The workout of the day for me was doing max effort deadlifting. I got 270 lbs. up, which is a 35 pound personal record for me. Denise, the CF trainer, helped me to perfect my deadlift form, which helped tremendously, as it allowed me to lift the weight without putting a strain on my lower back. I think I could have done 275 or 280, but I kinda ran out of time. I'm going for at least 300 lbs. the next time deadlifting comes up, which will probably be in 2 months or so. I also am getting unassisted dips, and I've almost got the kipping pullups down. I have the motion to do one perfectly, but I need to work on transitioning from one to the next, so I can chain them together more effectively for maximum power output.

1 comment:

kyle said...

I'm in the same boat trying to figure out what works with the dieting. That's what this is all about. Finding out what the necessary changes are that will help us stay on track for the long haul, not just the weight loss phase. Keep us posted on what's working for you.