Thursday, November 29, 2007

Yay progress!

Today's Weigh-In: 226.2 lbs.
5-day Average: 224.76 lbs.

I was in the bathroom, getting ready to take a shower, and I noticed my Myotape sitting there, so I figured I would measure myself and compare to the last set. All I can say is dang, that's pretty gnarly. Check it out:

11/17/07:
Bicep: 15"
Waist: 43.5" Unflexed, 42" Flexed
Neck: 17.5"
Wrist: 7.5"
Hips: 42.5"
Thighs: 25.5"
Calf: 17"
Chest: 42" Relaxed, 45" Flexed

11/29/07:
Bicep: 16" (+1")
Waist: 42.5" Unflexed (-1"), 41" Flexed (-1")
Neck: 17.5" (no change)
Wrist: 7.75" (+.25")
Hips: 41" (-1.5")
Thighs: 25" (-.5")
Calf: 16.5" (-.5")
Chest: 43" Relaxed (+1"), 45.5" Flexed (+.5")

I've put inches where I want them, and lost them where I need to. It's amazing to think I put a full inch onto my biceps in less than 2 weeks (I did start supplementing with creatine as of yesterday, so that may have added a little due to intracellular volume). I never really felt that measurements could be a good indicator of progress, as it's so ingrained in our minds that the scale is what matters, but call me a believer. This also means that I've gained muscle while losing fat, even in a caloric deficit. Now I'm not going to fool myself and believe I'm going to continue to make progress in these kinds of strides, but it's a nice little boost to my motivation.

If you're feeling down about the scale, break out the measuring tape and see what happens :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Dont you love the measuring tape? It defintely beats out the scale anyday! Congrats on great work done!

Rob Tucker said...

That's a good idea - I haven't measured in months. LOVE seeing those results happening for you, nice work!