Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hello world

Hello everyone. My name is Geoff, and I've created this blog so that I can keep track of my fitness goals and share my progress with the world. I have my own web site, but the hosting I have is terrible and blogger is more integrated anyway.

To tell you a bit about myself, I am a 24 year old software engineer from southern California. I am also overweight, to the point where my doctor has warned me that I need to lose weight or be placed on blood-pressure medication. Let me reiterate: I'm only 24 years old. So it's time for me to lose some of this fat. I am 5'10" tall, and am currently 230 pounds, 27.3% body fat (as calculated by a BIA machine). My goal is 175 lbs. My ultimate goal is 10-12% body fat, at whatever weight I need to be.

I have been working out and eating clean for about a month now, so I'm not starting from the very beginning here, but pretty close to it. Unfortunately I don't have a starting photo, as I'm waiting for my new camera to be delivered, but I will have one up as soon as I get that. I will also take some measurements tonight (the most recent ones I have are about a month old, so I can compare those as well).

Currently I go to the gym 4 times a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday). I do 30 minutes of cardio, and then 30-45 minutes of weight training. I like to hit a different body part set each day, with 3-4 different exercises per part, and 2-3 sets for each exercise. I track my calories daily, and try to keep them under 2200, with a 50/30/20 macronutrient split (50% of calories from carbs, 30% from protein, 20% from fats). I'm tweaking my diet to hit this, since as of late I've been high on the fats and low on the carbs.

I'm learning as I go, and hopefully I will learn enough and stay diligent to accomplish this task I have set before me.

No comments: