Monday, November 26, 2007

Post-Turkey Day update

Today's Weigh-in: 225.0 lbs
5-day average: 224.84 lbs.

Hello everyone, hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Having 4 days off was awesome, as I finally got a chance to rest my body and mind, and simply do nothing for at least one day (Saturday). My weight fluctuated like crazy over the weekend (on one day I actually weighed in at 222 lbs.) but I'm back at exactly 225 today. I might actually be able to hit my goal of 215 by the end of the year if I keep at it.

The good new is that I ate very well over the weekend; I don't think I went over my calories on any day. Bad news is I missed two workouts (Friday and Saturday). Friday I woke up early to drive out to the desert to go skeet shooting with my friends, and when I got home I was dead tired and fell asleep. Saturday was just me being lazy, though.

But no worries, I woke up early today and got my workout done before work. I think I'm going to make a habit of this, so I can get it out of the way and not have to worry about it all day. The nice thing about my job is that I don't have to come in at any particular time, as long as I put in my hours, so I don't have to get up at 4:30AM or anything :).

My body is feeling much stronger today than it did last week, so I think the time off actually helped. But no more missed workouts for me, I'm back on the motivation bus.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Yea the rest time is definitely needed and makes you come back even stronger. Good stuff.

Kristen said...

Nice job getting through the holiday pretty much unscathed. Wish I could say the same :)

Btw...got you added to my reader now.

Jim McCoy said...

Glad to hear that you're sticking to it. I personally do all of my walking before work (ok, granted, I do work afternoons) and it works great for me. It helps to eliminate those days when work wears you out and you don't want to do it afterwards.

Melissa said...

Keep up the good work, and you will defintely make your year end goal. I would love to get my workout done in the AM, but Im not to keen on getting up at 4:30. lol Its great to have that time in the AM to do it.