Thursday, July 1, 2010

July goal

Today's Weigh-In: 209.4
PhysicsDiet.com Average: 209.98

Weight spiked a bit due to having a nice big cheat meal last night, lots of carbs and salt. My body definitely needed the calories, though. Now that we're starting a new month I guess it's time for a new goal. Looking back on my previous successful weight loss I find that on average I lose 5 pounds a month. So I'm going to shoot for 204 pounds by August 1st. That should put me right around 14-15% bodyfat, which is a level of leanness I've never had before, and it's also the point where I should be able to see more drastic changes in my body, which might be nice.

I tweaked my shoulder and upper back a bit in my workouts this week, so I'm taking today off from working out, and I'm also going to hit up the chiropractor. Recovery is definitely reduced on the smaller amount of calories I'm taking in, so I have to be careful not to overtrain or push my body past it's limits. I know my athletic gains will be limited during this weight-loss phase, but that's okay. There will be plenty of time to get fitter after I'm lean.

1 comment:

40 Something said...

you will leaner then you have been before by the end of this month, that will be awesome.