Monday, April 7, 2008

New schedule

I didn't get a chance to weigh in this morning, so I have no clue how much I weigh. I had a good time this weekend, but I didn't eat super clean. Saturday I went to House of Blues Anaheim and saw Bad Religion play (which was awesome), but I had a few drinks and some not-so-good snacks after we got home. Yesterday my buddy's wife threw him a birthday party, which was a lot of fun. The downside was that there was pizza and cake, which I had some of (2 pieces of pizza and one small slice of cake). To be honest, I don't particularly like pizza that much, but I had to eat something because we were there from 2 until 8. No alcohol or anything there, so that was a plus. I got in a good workout on Saturday, and another one this morning, so no worries in that department. I'm changing my workout schedule to focus a bit more on strength training. Here's my new plan:

Monday, Thursday, Friday: CrossFit workouts, just like always
Tuesday, Saturday: Stronglifts 5x5 program (workout A on Saturday, workout B on Tuesday)

I really want to get my squat up to 300 lbs. (my 1 rep-max is 250 currently) and my deadlift up to 400 lbs. (currently 345) so I think focusing a bit more on heavy lifting is the way to go. Plus it just feels good to move some iron. This way I will continue to get stronger, but I will also get the great intensity and body adaptation that CF provides without sacrificing anything.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Man, I miss the Anaheim area...I grew up in Modesto CA, and I would visit Anaheim (extended family) and the bay area often. I'll probably end up moving back someday when I get this whole college thing sorted out.

Are you still on the beginners 5x5? Also, on the site it said 5 reasons why his workout don't work is because people add other exercises, I commented on this in my blog and was wondering if I should do other exercises or not because although I'm sorta tired I'm not dead like I'm use to and I don't know if it is just because i'm in the beginning stage. Anyways, it looks like you are working out great. I'm going to have to look into crossfit. And i agree, it does feel good to move some iron. Nice doing free weights again.