Thursday, June 24, 2010

Intermittent fasting for the win

Today's Weigh-In: 212.2
PhysicsDiet.com average: 211.14

Got a pretty big uptick in weight today, but I'm sure it's not a problem, because I'm still eating great. Yesterday's food choices included eggs and bacon, pot roast, strawberries and cantaloupe, zucchini and onions, and steak with spinach and grilled onions and garlic. No alcohol either. Limiting my alcohol intake to 1-2 glasses of wine max per day is helping out a ton with keeping calories lower and improving my sleep. The intermittent fasting has helped a lot too, at least from a mental standpoint. Johnny from The Lean Saloon noted in this post that IFing is basically just turning off the food valve for a while. So late-night snacks and alcohol are out of the question after my feeding window is closed (usually about 9PM), and for some reason it's not difficult. I don't understand all the physiology and psychology around it, but it seems to be working pretty well for me, so I'm going to continue with it as long as I'm getting positive results.

I did end up taking yesterday as a rest day, so I'll be back in the gym today, tomorrow, and hopefully Saturday. My body is recovering really well from workouts with all the good sleep and clean eating, and I'm feeling really good overall.

No comments: