Monday, June 14, 2010

Crap food, good fun, going clean

Hey there. So I come in here and make a big deal about being back in the game, then I'm gone for two weeks. Sorry about that! I've just been really busy at work and traveling, but I'll try to give a little more focus to this now that I'm back and not overly taxed.

I don't have a lot of time today, but I just wanted to post something. I went to Davis this past weekend for my brother's graduation, which was really fun, but man, I did not eat right. We stayed in a hotel without a fridge, so pretty much all of our meals were eaten out. I had pizza, pasta, ice cream, cinnamon rolls, granola, crepes, basically all the crap I don't eat in my every day life. Not a whole lot of other options were available, unfortunately, but I definitely could have tried to make some better decisions. But what's done is done.

The 4-day crapfest also made me feel like crap, and I (once again) understand how my food quality affects my quality of life and energy levels. I'm all crapped out, so to speak. Eating badly for that long caused my body to crave healthy foods like fruit and healthy meat, so that's what I'm giving it now. And I'm going to keep giving it those things because I know that's what my body and mind need. I don't have any crap food in my house, and I made a 4-pound grassfed beef pot-roast last night, so I don't even have any excuses. Just gotta get momentum going.

I got 1 workout in over the weekend, which was less than I would have liked but we were still pretty active, with lots of walking and swimming. My brother (who is going to Physical Therapy school in the Fall) helped me out with a shoulder issue that I didn't even know I had, but was limiting my ability and range of motion, which is awesome. He fixed it up with some stretches and I banged out my first muscle-ups (on a pull-up bar) in over a year. I mentioned in my last post that my goal is to get a ring muscle-up, so now I'm one step closer, and I hope to get one this week. Woo-hoo.

No comments: