Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend damage report

Today's Weigh-In: 203.6 lbs.
5-day Average: 202.27 lbs.

Ah, the weekend. Still not my friend. I just have a hard time eating in a restricted manner for some reason. I don't tend to eat more junk or anything (mainly because I don't keep junk in the house), I just eat more at each meal, and I eat less wholesome things (read: more bread, rice, pasta, etc. even though I use whole grain). And I tend to drink much more (read: 5-8 drinks a day, if I'm hanging out at home). So there's that. Also, on the weekends I spend my time with my girlfriend, who is a very picky eater and refuses to eat much of the healthy stuff I would normally consume. I know this is always going to be a challenge for me, but at least it's better now than it used to be when I kept junk food around. Do any of you have spouses that don't eat as healthy as you do, and how do you work around that?

Anyhoo, it wasn't *that* bad, as my weigh-ins are up, but the average is progressing at a normal rate of speed (I weighed in at 201.2 on Friday, but I must've been dehydrated since there's no way I can lose 3 pounds in a week of actual fat), and I plan on keeping at it this week. I didn't end up working out at all this weekend, but I was back in the gym this morning and I feel really good after having a week off (I got 2 new personal records on squats and shoulder press). I feel really good today, and I'm hoping to carry that momentum throughout the week.

1 comment:

Jason said...

That's awesome about your new records. Your whole attitude and approach to weight loss it great. You have such a strong drive of not just losing weight but adding muscle. I wish I was a little more muscle oriented like you, I'm pretty much about getting down in weight and then scuplting so that is why it might look as though I'm catching you, but in acutality you are kicking my ass. Keep up the great work man.