Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Setting myself up for winning

Today's Weigh-In: 205.2 lbs.
5-Day Average: 206.1 lbs.

I had a bit of a rough weekend, diet-wise, but I'm not upset about it. Saturday was the party for my dad's 50th birthday, and we went out to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse which is amazing. Pretty much just ate a lot of meat, veggies, and rice, all cooked in butter. Had a few beers as well. Then we went back to my parents' house for cake and drinks, and I had quite a bit of both. It was a really good time though, so I can't complain. Sunday was better for most of the day. I was insanely busy with the Mother's Day stuff, and then my roommate got tickets for the Rush show that night (which was insanely awesome, by the way). Love me some Rush, those guys are insanely talented musicians. It's almost distracting in that they're all so good, you can't focus on any one of them to enjoy the awesomeness. Was starving afterwards, and my roommate wanted to get food, so we got McDonald's, but I only got a double cheeseburger and had a couple of fries. Not too bad, and I didn't come out much worse for it. My weight is down today compared to the end of last week. I ate really well yesterday, and I made a whole bunch of good, healthy food for lunches/dinners throughout the week, so there's no excuse for eating poorly. I think my goal of 200 pounds by June 1st is doable. I've just gotta stay on the right track and not let one little slip-up derail me.

I've been setting personal records in the gym the past 2 days. As you know, I do CrossFit, and we had 2 of the benchmark workouts in the same amount of days. I cut my time on Diane (21-15-9 reps of 225 lb. deadlift alternated with handstand pushups) from 17:55 to 13:06, and my Fran time (21-15-9 reps of 95 lb. thrusters alternated with pullups) from 15:51 to 12:37. And this is all in the course of 1.5-2 months. So I feel good about that. Not so sure how my body's going to feel, but I'll survive. PRs feel great.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I like your attitude about this - you're not letting a not-so-great eating weekend spiral out of control. That's the type of commitment that'll get you where you need to be.

It's not about eliminating these things - it's about controlling them. Good work.

Jason said...

I agree with Rob, great job identifying what you did wrong and accepting that you messed up but not getting hung up on it.

You're workouts are killer man, I'm very impressed and jealous. I wish I could do stuff like that, I'm slowly working towards it.

All in all, sounds like everything is on track man, keep up the great work!

Jason said...

hey man, I was wondering how you calculate your BF%...thanks

Jason said...

Thanks a lot man, it's just frustrating because my scale at home says I'm at 25% but everything else is in the 16-19% range...