Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Consistency

Today's Weigh-In: 206.8 lbs.
5-Day Average: 206.0 lbs.

Got my third workout this week in today. My workouts are feeling better and better each time. I can feel myself getting stronger, faster, and having more endurance. The creatine is definitely helping, too. Now I can do pullups with relative ease (the most I've done is 70 in 20 minutes). I did 50 burpees in 5:18 today. So being consistent with the CrossFit exercises has been extremely beneficial. My problem is still food related.

I've figured out one major issue. I haven't cooked any bulk quantities of healthy food lately. I used to rely on chili for one of my lunches every day, but I haven't made any in probably 2 weeks. So I've been relying on sandwiches and other, more carb-heavy foods. I don't tolerate a lot of carbs all that well (they make me hungrier) so I haven't been as satisfied as I normally would be, thus resulting in eating more. I've also been a bit lax in the calorie counting department, since I haven't done it in a while. I'm going to get chili supplies and fix up a big batch tonight, so I can deal with the first problem easily. The second is also an easy fix, and I've counted everything I've put in my mouth so far today. Just gotta get back in the groove of that. I've just gotta be consistent.

1 comment:

Jason said...

wow man, that is pretty awesome about the pull ups. I can't even do one yet!

Good thinking with making some chili. I have some, but I didn't like my last batch, so I guess I need to make a new one.