Thursday, May 8, 2008

Goals and observations

Today's Weigh-In: 206.4 lbs.
5-Day Average: 206.1 lbs.

D'oh, I made a typo in the title of yesterday's post (should have been consistency, not consistence, that's not even a word). Fixed it now.

I ate perfectly yesterday. Under 2000 calories. Got 8.5 hours of sleep. Today's my rest day, so no workout, but I'm still plenty sore. The weight did not go down significantly, but that's okay, I know one good day isn't enough to make more than a dent in the overall picture. I'm going to make sure I'm dialed in today, and over the weekend, and next week, and pretty soon I know I'll see some major progress. I've got workouts planned for tomorrow and Saturday morning, so no staying up late for me. It's time to get back into the swing of things and focus on my goals. I've updated my goals list and dates so I can have concrete road markers instead of going at it willy-nilly, which should help.

My girlfriend told me I looked "skinny" yesterday. Not sure what to make of that. I am significantly smaller in size than I used to be, but I'm not yet at a low enough body fat percentage to where you can actually see much muscle definition, so I don't look buff yet either. I look sorta just soft but not big. I attribute this to the fact that much of my remaining fat is on my lower stomach (below the navel and the love handles) so I don't have much of a V-shape yet. I think once I get down below about 14% body fat I will start to look more athletic. This doesn't bother me at all, just an observation I've made.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks for your post Geoff, and actually its you that I'm trying to catch up too! You have a much better bf% and I would love to be at 18%. I would also love to be able to do the amount of weight you are on lifting too.

That's why these blogs are so helpful, you see something that someone accomplishes and you want to try and do it as well.

Plus, the injury bug came up and bit you pretty hard too, I have been pretty fortunate in that regard.

Best of luck in May man, lets see you get into One-derland!

Rob Tucker said...

Take that as a compliment coming from your girl. Even if the word "Skinny" isn't the word you're looking for, she's noticing that your body is going through changes. That's a result of your hard work.