Monday, December 24, 2007

That's more like it

Today's Weigh-In: 221.2 lbs. (new low!)
5-day Average: 223.5 lbs.

Well, the weight seems to be going in the right direction again. I ate really well this weekend, so I think I've earned it. My brother and I have made a small pact: I will not drink any alcohol through December 31st, and he won't bite his nails (a bad habit he's trying to kick). He really wants to see me be successful at this, and alcohol can be pretty limiting when it comes to weight loss, so I think it's a good idea.

I've come down with a nasty head cold, so that's a bummer. Also no workout today as the gym has limited hours and I can't make it. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to get in a workout on my home weight set, but I don't know if time will permit it (I have to go to my parents' house in the morning, my grandparents' in the early afternoon, then pick up my girlfriend from her grandma's house and go back to my parents' house for dinner).

On a brighter note, my brother and I recorded our one-rep maxes for bench press. I beat my high-school record of 215 lbs. and lifted 222 lbs. I could probably get 5-10 lbs. more, but my shoulder was bugging me and my back was cramped (I did deadlifts and squats earlier in the day). So I can bench my body weight once, which is a heck of a lot better than what I could do 2 months ago. I find it odd that I haven't lost any strength since high school, even though I haven't done much lifting in the years since, but I'm not going to complain.

No comments: