Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Filthy Fifty

Today's Weigh-In: 209.0 lbs.
5-day Average: 211.0 lbs.

Finally saw a number that wasn't 212 on the scale today, and I earned it. I ate great yesterday, and got in an insane workout. Let me share it with you, and you can give it a try:

The Filthy Fifty
For time:

50 Box Jumps/step ups on 24" box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood (36 pounds)
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees (with 8" vertical jump from squat)
50 Double unders

Time: 43:31

The only substitutions I made were I used a 14 pound ball for wall ball, and I did 150 single jumps instead of 50 double-unders (it's a jump-rope exercise). Last time I did this, I scaled everything to 30 reps, and did much lighter weights (26lb. kettlebell, 6lb. ball), and even then I barely survived. This time I felt great, and next time I will do it 100% as prescribed with no substitutions.

My body is beat, and I have to take care of some things today, so I will be using today as a rest day, and come back stronger tomorrow. If I can stay at or below 209 I will make my goal by Friday, so here's hoping :)

4 comments:

Jason said...

Man, that sounds crazy...
Congradulations on doing that, that is awesome. Do you go to the gym to do all that or do you have the equipment at your house?

Rob Tucker said...

The important part (although not as impressive as the workout - DAMN!) is the EATING GREAT part. Focus on the eating like you did yesterday, and accentuate it with good workouts, and you'll never see a 212 again. Awesome work.

inked said...

I actually broke a sweat just reading that workout. That looks brutal. If you keep doing that you are going to hit your goals for sure.

Geoff said...

Jason,

I do go to a gym, it's a local CrossFit affiliate. I don't have any of the equipment (nor the space) to do these kinds of workouts, but I sure wish I did (apartment for the lose).