Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vacation time

Today's Weigh-In: 199.6 lbs.
5-Day Average: 200.6 lbs.

Howdy folks, sorry for the long gap in between posts. I've been really busy with work lately. I've been doing pretty well in the eating department, and my weight is coming down steadily. I'm taking a break from working out due to some unforeseen circumstances: I have a lung infection. Every time I exert myself I get dizzy and start wheezing, and it's pretty scary. On Sunday I went running with my brother, and he had me do some 300 meter sprints. I ended up almost passing out due to the heat and the lack of oxygen. I went to the doctor later that day and he said he doesn't know what caused it, but it should go away on its own, and gave me a prescription inhaler that should help keep my airways open. It works okay, but not enough to allow me to exercise with any intensity, so that sucks.

Next week I'll be on a weeklong cruise to Mexico. My goal is just not to get any fatter. I'm not going to attempt to lose weight, because let's be honest, that's just not going to happen. But if I can come back and weigh in at 200 pounds I will be happy. I'm hoping that they have some kind of fitness center on the ship that I can use to get in some exercise, assuming my lungs start feeling better by then. If not, maybe I'll have to take to jogging around the deck. I'm sure I can figure out some way to keep in shape.

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to continue going to the Crossfit gym or not. I'll make that decision after I get back and I see what my work schedule is like. I have decided that if I can't keep going that I am going to use the money I save to buy some home fitness equipment, such as gymnastics rings and kettlebells, so I can do workouts anywhere. This might be my last post for a while, so if you don't hear from me don't worry. I'll be back.

4 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Have a wonderful trip!! Most cruise ships have a very nice workout facility. I ran laps on the upper deck last time I cruised in the Caribbean (cant beat the scenery). The food is also very good so good luck with the diet ;). Take some pics and let us know how it went when you get back. What cruise line are you going on?

Will Phillips said...

Oh man - lung infection AND a cruise? Talk about a battle of willpower. Dominate it, Geoff!

Geoff said...

I actually don't know which cruise line it is (my parents planned the whole thing). I'm glad to hear that I can look forward to a fitness center, though.

lj said...

I hope you feel better soon! you don't want to sick on your vacation! Have a great time on your cruise!