Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm back

Today's Weigh-In: 198.0 lbs.

Happy new week, everybody! I'm back from my week at sea. I am ridiculously surprised at my weigh-in, to be honest. I thought it would be *way* higher. I ate like food was going out of style, which was not my plan, but the food was excellent, and I told myself "you can only do so much damage in a week." Which, it would seem, is true. Not a good mindset for an extended time, but fine for my first vacation in over 3 years.

I ate everything in sight on that cruise ship. I kept my protein intake quite high, but when you're eating 4000+ calories a day that's not hard to do. I think my body enjoyed the increased caloric intake, because I noticed that I recovered extremely well from my workouts (i.e. no soreness at all). The only downside was some intestinal distress from eating too much sugary foods and not enough fiber.

I managed 3 workouts in total. The fitness center on the ship left much to be desired, as it was almost completely machine-based, and I don't do machines. They had no barbells, no pull-up bars, and a very limited dumbbell selection. So I did some modified CrossFit workouts with what I had available. Here are the 3 workouts that I came up with.

1) 4 rounds of: run 500m, do 40 air squats (as fast as possible)
2) 30 clean and jerk, 45lb dumbbells, for time (my time: 8:28)
3) 50 burpees (as fast as possible)

We also did a lot of walking in the ports of call, and went snorkeling in Cabo San Lucas, so I didn't do too bad in terms of physical exertion.

Today I'm back to my normal routine (today: eggs and bacon for breakfast, turkey sandwich and home-made carnitas for lunch, and barbecued ahi steak for dinner, along with fruit and veggies). I brought my workout gear so I can hit up the globo-gym after work tonight. I've got 3 weeks to reach my goal of 195 by Sept. 15th, which I know I can do. If I stay on track, I'll be at my goal weight before Christmas. Yay! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and had a good time!

Ripx180 said...

Looks like things went well ;). That's nice that you were able to partake in the eats and not gain a bunch of weight. Welcome back.

Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon said...

Man, I love cruises. The profile pic is from our cabin balcony during our last cruise. I'm glad you had a good time although I don't know how you couldn't. :D Welcome back!

Jason said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time, and also that you didn't put on any weight!