Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Unsure

Today's Weigh-In: 200.4 lbs.
5-Day Average: 201.6 lbs.

After eating perfectly for the past 2 days, my weight has been coming down steadily, even without exercise. My work schedule has changed yet again so I havent' gotten to work out since Saturday, but I brought my workout gear and will be hitting the gym tonight. I may have to give up going to my Crossfit gym due to the timing of my work schedule and their class schedules conflicting, which sucks a lot. It's very difficult to do Crossfit-style workouts at a conventional gym. I really, really wish I had a garage, or at least a downstairs patio, because I would build a sick gym. As it is now, I live in an upstairs apartment and only have a carport, so I can't do anything at home. If I do have to suck it up and deal with a globo-gym, I might just go on a strength-focused cycle to bring up my numbers in the big lifts (squat, deadlift, press), along with some sprinting and gymnastics work. We'll see.

I found a really good post on the IF Life blog that I thought I would share with you guys. Check it out. I agree with pretty much everything said, and it dispels a lot of the myths that people tend to believe about getting healthy.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Jason said...

man, seems like just when you are about to get everything on track, something at work throws a wrench into it.

That sucks about your crossfit dilemma, I know how much you love it, and they way you talk about it all the time makes me mad that I don't have one near me!

Anyways, hope things go well for this week and you get back down under 200!

Kristen said...

Too bad you have to give up Crossfit. It seemed to be working really well for you.

Make sure you find something else that works though. You don't want to lose all that progress.