Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another bout of sickness, but the clouds are parting.

Today's Weigh-In: 201.6 lbs.
PhysicsDiet.com Average: 205.56 lbs.

So, yeah, I've lost a lost of weight the past few weeks. Unfortunately this was partially helped along by a vicious attack of stomach flu on Saturday night, which ultimately kept me from consuming any real amount of food until Tuesday. Add to that the fact that I was sick most of last week, and we're not talking about a good weight-loss scheme. But I'm feeling pretty much 100% today, and I've got my appetite back, so I'm trying to get some extra calories for the next few days to build my strength up.

I did still manage to get my Crossfit Level 1 certification on Sunday, even without the benefit of any sleep the night before (and with a very strong desire to curl up into the fetal position throughout the day), so I'm super happy about that. I learned a lot, and aced the written test, only missing one question (out of 45 scored). We're having a trainers' meeting next week to figure out how best to apply the new trainers in the gym, so we'll see where it takes me.

I did get one easy workout this week, on Monday. I felt wobbly and weak, but it was good to get moving again after being sick for so long. It's going to take me a week or two to ramp up to my previous levels of intensity and consistency, so I have to be patient there, but all in all things are looking up.

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

wow your right at the gates to Onederland. Sorry to hear you have been so sick, that sucks. Great job on the CF certification.