Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mid-week update

Today's Weigh-In: 203.4 lbs.
3-Day average: 205.3 lbs.

Well I've dropped 4 pounds since Monday somehow. I guess I must have been pretty bloated from my recent over-consumption of processed carbs. The last few days have been excellent diet-wise. I've been consistently keeping my calories under 2200, and have mostly been eating unprocessed foods. I did eat some leftover lasagna last night, but since we're moving my fridge is looking pretty bare, and it still fit in with my calorie goal.

No workout on Tuesday due to packing, but I did manage to get a pretty intense workout at home last night. I went out on my balcony, grabbed the kettlebell, and did this:

3 rounds of:
30 KB swings (1 pood KB, 35 pounds)
15 push-ups
25 squats

I didn't time myself since I left my stopwatch in my truck, but I went as fast as I could. Kettlebell swings get my heart rate up so fast it's unbelievable. After I was done I ended up laying on my floor for 15 minutes just trying to slow my heart down and catch my breath. It was really good.

So that's where I'm at. I probably won't get another real workout in this week because of the move, but I'll be getting plenty of exercise actually doing the move, so I don't feel too bad about that. My eating is going to be more of an issue, since we don't have a lot of food left in the house, and we'll be packing up the cookware tonight. If I have to eat fast food I'll make sure to stick with high protein/low carb items such as El Pollo Loco chicken. I should be okay.

No comments: