Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good start

Today's Weigh-In: 207.2 lbs.

I wanted to thank you all for the comments on yesterday's post. I've always known that many of us have had issues with maintaining or regaining weight, and I just never thought it would happen to me, especially so quickly. All I can do is keep moving forward and build up some momentum.

I did get to the gym yesterday, which is good. I did squats and deadlifts, and then did some sprint intervals on the track. I'm finally getting some use out of my interval stopwatch that I bought a year ago :)

Food choices yesterday were really good, no cheating at all. I had eggs and bacon for breakfast (my standard morning meal), some taco meat and veggies for lunch, and salmon and spinach for dinner. Overall my calorie intake was around 2300, which is right where it needs to be. I had forgotten that small pang of hunger that comes with calorie restriction, and it kind of sucks, but not enough to give in to eating garbage.

One day on the books, now to make it a streak.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

As long as you just keep making right decisions, you'll get back on the right track. Others may agree with me, but this isn't easy for everyone. Just go one day at a time, and you'll get to where you need to be.

Every road has detours. Just keep driving.

David said...

Hey Geoff,

I have been following your blog since last June, but i always did it like a Ninja (never commenting anything).I relate to many things you say and wanted to let you know that.

Even though you gained some weight, you got something out of it and that is that you can never take it for granted. Sharing that experience helps others like me who need to be reminded of that once in a while !

Getting the ball rolling again is tough. Congrats on having the courage to do it so swiftly.

CYA