Thursday, June 11, 2009

New record!

Today's Weigh-In: 206.0 lbs.
5-Day Average: 207.55 lbs.

I'm happy with today's weigh-in. It seems like I'm getting more consistently in the 206s, so I think that means the added water weight from my creatine loading has stabilized and I'm actually losing some fat.

I did one-rep max back squats yesterday, and got a new personal record: 285 pounds. My previous record was 260, and that was over a year ago. I've been stuck on this lift for so long I thought I would never get to 300, but now I'm only 15 pounds away. Last week I did a one-rep max deadlift as well and matched my PR from a year ago, so it looks like I haven't lost any strength (and have actually gained a bit) in the time I've been unfocused. I don't know whether it's the clean diet, good sleep, lack of alcohol, or a mixture of everything, but I'm feeling stronger and better than I ever have.

I've got 19 days to lose 6 pounds. It's going to be hard, but I really want it.

No comments: