Monday, February 2, 2009

27 pounds

Today's Weigh-In: 202.0 lbs.
3-day Average: 200.4 lbs.

Yesterday I weighed in at 198.8 pounds, but Superbowl munchies put me back up over 200 this morning. Oh well, it'll be gone soon.

I had the chance on Saturday to get my body fat measured via hydrostatic weighing. My Crossfit affiliate rented one of the trucks for 3 hours and most everyone got tested. It was a good experience, and it's nice to know my true body fat percentage. The bad news is the result: 22.4%. Not very happy with that, since I was down to under 18% 6 months ago (at the same body weight). So that means I've lost muscle and gained fat, which makes me sad. But it's also very motivating, in that now I know exactly how much fat I have to lose if I want to get to my goal of 10% body fat. I need to weigh 173 pounds. So I've gotta lose 27 pounds from where I'm at now. Last year I lost 35 pounds in about 7 months, so using that as a baseline I should be at my goal by the end of July. Seems like a long time, but there's not a whole lot that can be done. I just need to work hard and tighten my belt a bit, so to speak.

I worked out on Friday morning, but didn't make it all the way through the workout because of my current deconditioned state. I ended up puking (dry-heaving, really, since I didn't have anything in my stomach) so that put a quick end to the workout. It's a bit disappointing because I was hoping I hadn't lost that much athletic ability, but now I know I have to slow down a bit and take about a month to ramp up the intensity. I hit another workout this morning without any gastrointestinal issues, and I plan on hitting the gym again tomorrow. My current workout schedule is going to be Mon-Tues-Thurs-Fri, as that allows me enough time to rest but also enough workload to get back into fighting shape, so to speak.

My motivation is definitely back, which is the best news. When I'm motivated it's so much easier to just do the work that I know is necessary, and when the pounds start coming off I know that I'll just be that much more motivated. Good times.

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

Thanks for the comment man. I wish I could find a place to get hydro tested, thats cool. At 203 my scale has me at 28% fat.... So I have probably 30-35 pounds to loose to get to 10% which seems insane to me. That seems really light and skinny to me. Glad to see your back at it. Sounds like you had some really good eat compliments of your Dad yesterday. Keep pushing it!