Monday, April 6, 2009

New week

Today's Weigh-In: 204.9 lbs.

It seems I haven't lost any weight since last week, which is a bummer, but I might be retaining some water from having a bit too much sodium yesterday (beef jerky, a few french fries, etc.). I got in 3 workouts last week, so I'm building up a bit of momentum. It's nice to get under the barbell again, and it doesn't look like I've lost any strength. As I mentioned in my last post I am now training with my girlfriend, which is working out pretty well. It's a challenge to me because I've never trained anyone else before, but it's rewarding to see her get her form down and teaching her new movements. She's doing very well, especially for someone who has never done barbell training before. We're both very sore, but not so much that we can't get back in the gym today. So far I've taught her back squats, shoulder press, and deadlift, and today we're going to work on bench press.

I found out that the gym we're working out at has 35 pound barbells, which are great for her because the 45 pounder is a bit much right now. They also have some really small, extremely light barbells that I've been using to teach her shoulder dislocates and overhead squats. I'll be using those to teach her how to power clean as well. I'm ordering some assistance bands today so I can teach her dips and pull-ups without having to use the gravitron machine.

My diet last week was pretty good. I took a few too many cheats this weekend, though, so I'll have to make sure to tighten by belt this weekend and focus on getting good nutrition even if it's less convenient. I've got a bunch of homemade carnitas in the fridge which will probably last me through the end of the week, and I'll be cooking up another big pot of something tonight (not sure what yet). The more convenient I make healthy food the easier it is to stick to eating clean. It just takes a bit more preparation beforehand.

That's it for me. Here's to a new week of increased fitness and health.

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

sounds like things are going well for you, glad to see it.