Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting better

Today's Weigh-In: 200.6 lbs.
5-Day Average: 199.65 lbs.

Bah. I screwed up big-time in the food department yesterday. I got a massive sugar craving (which I usually don't get) and I caved to it. Then I ate fast food for dinner, way too many calories and carbs (you can check my fitday log for details, I've put a link in the sidebar). Came in at 3100 calories for the day. To make up for it I will be eating less today, and also skipping my scheduled cheat meal tomorrow.

My knee is feeling about 80% better now, so I'll be in the gym tonight and tomorrow to see how it goes. One the one hand I really want to get back to working out hard, but on the other hand I don't want to put too much stress on it until it's ready. I'll attempt some light weighted squats and see how that feels, and probably some deadlifts too. If that goes well then I'll do a Crossfit workout tomorrow morning, and then if I still feel good I'll finish out the week with a Crossfit workout on Saturday. That will put me at 4 workouts this week, which, although 1 short of my goal, isn't too bad considering the circumstances.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I've been getting hit by the sweet cravings lately too. I wish I could say I'm doing better than you, but I'm not. So, I feel your pain on that...it is weird though because for the most part I'm not a sweets kind of guy.

Hope things get turned around for you soon, glad the knee is feeling better.