Friday, June 1, 2012

Day Thirty-Two

Today's Weigh-In: 217.4 lbs.

Well, I lost 4 pounds this month. Less than I wanted, but hey, it's still 4 pounds gone. If I can keep it up I'll be at my goal in 5 months instead of 3, but if that's what it takes then fine.

Not much to report. Doing pretty well overall. I have made one fairly big change in my lifestyle recently which was to stop consuming liquor completely, and to limit myself to a 2-drink maximum when drinking wine or beer. This should help me get through those weekend get-togethers without blowing through my calorie limits with non-nutritious booze (and bad food decisions made as a result). I had been drinking 4-5 drinks per night, mostly whiskey, which I knew was too much but didn't care. Now I care, so we'll see how it goes.

I've been asked to help judge an Olympic weightlifting meet tomorrow, which should be fun. I've competed once before but never judged, but I'll be excited to meet some other local people who are into this (unfortunately not very popular) sport.

I'm trying to fill my time with as much gym-time as I can. It keeps me accountable, and it keeps my mind focused on my goals. Even when I have to drag myself out of bed to go I know I will feel awesome when I'm done. We have a great community of people and friends at Crossfit 714, and they inspire me to push my limits, so the more time I spend around them the better.

Anyways, that's all for May. I'm hoping June will be a bit better due to my modifications, and If I can hit 211 by July I'll be pretty happy.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I have no doubt that you will be able to hit your goals. I too have planned to quit drinking. My plan is to quit until July 4th and see if I notice a difference. Good luck and keep posting :)