Monday, May 7, 2012

Day Seven

Today's Weigh-In: 216.7

I'm a week into my 3-month weight loss phase, and I'm feeling pretty decent. I had a pretty noticeable dip in energy days 2 through 4, but now I feel like my body's adapting to the lower energy intake and higher workout capacity and I feel pretty normal. I ended up getting in 4 workouts last week, and surprisingly didn't feel too beat up. I guess that's because I made sure to keep the volume pretty low, focusing on strength work and 10-15 minute conditioning efforts. I've been religious about getting 8.5-9 hours of sleep a night, and that's helping a lot. I don't think I could function very well without that.

Food has been pretty good, I did have a cheat meal on Friday night which, to be honest, made me feel pretty unpleasant. I think I'm going to need to just focus on smarter cheats, not ones I know will jack up my stomach/digestion or make me feel gross. I was busy with manual labor most of the weekend, which kept me pretty busy and away from the pantry as well, and I know my daily calories were right in line with where I need to be. And, as a result, I'm down about 5 pounds from Day One, so I'm pretty happy. I know it'll slow down pretty soon and I'll have to grind out each and every pound week after week, but a big start like that makes it so much easier to stay motivated, so I will take it.

No comments: